Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Because I'm a Dreamer

I am guilty for not doing some editorial work even this late (though I was planning not to end this day without touching some) because I was watching the season 3 episode 11 of The Vampire Diaries. I can't help getting emotional with Klaus's lines to Caroline before he heals her with his blood. Humanity and everything about life, what is there about life really?

It's not that I'm turning my back against True Blood because these two may have same characters in common (vampires) but talk about humanity and the choices you make about life - The Vampire Diaries. The lines are killing me. Perhaps because I'm a dreamer.

I dream of life at its best. I dream that someday I may be able to make peace with the fact that life is but a gift that we have to enjoy but still sacrifices must be made. There's no such thing as ABSOLUTE. Looking back at the choices that I made, I must say I most of the time stumble on those choices. But the good thing about failing on your own choices is to give yourself the chance to correct them. For what is life without making mistakes? It is but a utopian dream. Was I too much of a dreamer to even dream that someday I maybe able to touch on life's absolute and genuine zeal without me toiling on it? Perhaps not.

I'm not even sure how things work out but what I'm really sure about life is that we are given all the freedom to choose on what we want to do with it. And I can only dream that people of my age these days are living their lives to the fullest that they can. Please understand that when I say living life, I'm not really talking about getting drunk, wasting yourself in a bar with friends and smoking all your way. It's something more than these things can offer you - contentment and excitement. Perhaps you find it ironic to pair contentment with excitement; not on me. The zeal of being able to live life at its best can offer you that different sense of fulfillment and contentment that one who has not yet touched a fragment of it cannot fathom its value. And while you live life, you nevertheless lose the courage to keep on trying on what's more there is that it has to offer. You know what I mean? You make the feeling or the moment linger and you keep making memories out of it and you can just die truly happy and satisfied about how life has been everything to you. It's going to be a well lived life.

You make friends along the way; you try on a different cuisine; you laugh until you cry; you go beyond what you think yourself has limited you from doing - these are the things that I cannot just trade with anything else. You see, the beauty of living is in fact aimed at how a person actually sees life and how he embraces it with all its beauty and frailties. I understand that there are hard times but come to think of it, what actually comes next after the rain? You can wait for a beautiful rainbow you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment