Monday, September 24, 2012

If

If you fall in love with me, know that you also fall in love with my imperfections, my insecurities, my fears and my idiosyncrasies. There will always be a tendency that I'll get clingy and by then understand that it's due to my in depth feelings that I fear I might lose the comfort you are making me used to. 

If you fall in love with me, know that most of the time you see me at the lobby puffing my smoke with a cup of coffee on the sides and you must understand that even before you came, these have been my constant lifelines. 

If you fall in love with me, know that I embrace poetry next to my faith. And may your interest never run dry whenever I read or share poems with you. I have always been a fan of Edgar Allan Poe, Machiavelli, Nietzsche, Lao Tzu, Emily Dickinson, Shakespeare and anything wordy and sweet. My tendency to magnify an author's mind may be disrupting sometimes. I love Paulo Coelho and Bob Ong and Dan Brown. It might be overbearing. 

If you fall in love with me, understand that I love rainy days in as much as I love the sun. Do not be surprised if you see me walking under the rain and become dreamy thereafter. There is something in how the rain drops sound whenever it hit the tin roof. It takes me to another realm. And I would not mind not doing anything at all rather than in bed beside you talking about anything in life or share a cup of brewed. 

If you fall in love with me, know that there are times I want to miss you. I'm not the type who constantly communicates through mobile but I would be really glad if you constantly ask how I am doing. Those simple words can make a big deal. And if I don't call back, I might not have snapped back from being engrossed in a particular book or I am writing just like now. 

If you fall in love with me, know that I value friendship. I go out with my girl friends and enjoy a round of drinks and even giggle over girl talks. This is unadulterated fun that there is no way you have to be jealous.

If you fall in love with me, I hope you never get tired of hearing my girl stories and laugh with me. I hope you make yourself stronger when I am at my weakest and may your shoulders be ready whenever I'm about to cry to a sad movie. 

If you fall in love with me, know that I'm short with patience. I hate waiting and mostly I hate to be awaited. And if ever you promise, I hope you never breaks them. 

If you fall in love with me, do fall for who I really am. Not because you associate me with another, nor you wanted me to become somebody I am not. 

If you fall in love with me, fall in love with me with no pretenses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment