Sunday, March 25, 2012

On Suicidal Tendencies

My sister came home one day telling me a very sad story, or was it? She said one of her classmates committed suicide right after learning that he never made it to internship. I completely understand that taking up medicine is a hurdle itself. But so is taking any other courses right?

Medically, people who have suicidal tendencies are those who have psychological histories, or are, let's say, suffering from a weak personality. This is when a support group is needed. Whether you are taking up medicine, nursing, maritime, law or any other courses for that matter, there's one rule that you should follow: have a support group that you can call your own. For any reasons that is, this group will be the one you can call on to whenever you need to hang on that thread of sanity in your head. This group becomes a necessity whenever examinations come by in tight schedules. You will have that coffee break with them, chit chat a little and laugh all together for the fun mistakes you committed along the way. I am happy I have this group that I call my own.

Sadly however, my sister's classmate seem not to be this kind of guy - quite of a loner perhaps. But seriously, would you opt for suicide if you flunk an exam? Because the idea itself is stupid so to speak. I want to say I can't blame the guy for committing one but, I don't want for any minute to think about the idea because as I have said it, it's stupid. If you flunk an exam, there's no other recourse than to re-take it and make sure you make it the second time around. That's just how the way it should be. I, perhaps understand that you will feel bad about not making it during the first time and that you feel envious about your other classmates who made it, but hey, perhaps it's not really yet your time to make it. Besides, if you really want to fulfill your dreams, a failure will only challenge you even more for making your dream, real. That should be a mental note. 

For all those who have suicidal tendencies and who think that the world is a bad place to live in for not allowing you to fulfill your dreams alongside with your batch mates, this I have to tell you : The world is a beautiful place to live in. It's not the grades nor the number of successes that will define how you should live your life and when you should end it. It's just not fair. Failing an exam is not even yet the single and the last challenge you have to face in life. There are a lot more, believe me! And if you can't handle this simple failure, how much more the rests waiting to be surpassed by you? That's the beauty of living. 

Keep the faith as much as possible. There's no harm in doing so and if you think you feel so down, grab your phone and for sure, you're support group is just a text away to see you over coffee or during happy hour. Just drown the woes, will you?

4 comments:

  1. Im soo happy i can call u my support.. I get too carried away on really off moments.. Miss u heaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I have you guys, too! Miss you too! let's gather around when I get back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. , do not let yourself be one of those who think they are but victims of life's cruelty.. the world is indeed chaotic and mistrustful.. but human beings are in power to control their own behavior..
    ,though we cannot anticipate human behavior .. nor we can program feelings yet we have what they call "g" (intelligence)which includes the ability to accommodate and assimilate input from the environment however our personality-thoughts,emotions,actions etc. is unique among others..
    after all life is but a matter of choice..

    ReplyDelete
  4. well said elshia13. thanks for reading my post. life is just too precious to waste it. I understand there are a lot of challenges ahead, but isn't that what life is suppose to be about? That's what makes life even more beautiful! cheers!

    ReplyDelete