Saturday, April 07, 2012

25.

The fun thing about celebrating birthdays is the fact that even if you want to play it cool, you still have that single moment when you start looking back. I don't know for sure if this applies to everyone but for me, it does. The moment I woke up on my special day, I had the feeling of nostalgia. All over again. And God! I.am.25.

25 years ago, where was I? What have changed? What did I achieve? 25 years ago, what has transpired? And just like the movies, every detail in the past came in a flash...

2003
La Salle University - Integrated School Graduation
Class Distinction and Conduct Awardee


2004
Long Distance Relationship

2006
Thesis Award
The Sultanate System of Masiu, Lanao del Sur as a Political Institution: A Case Study


2007
MSU - Iligan Institute of Technology Graduation
Journalism and Thesis Awardee

2007
University of San Carlos Law School


2008
Christmas 

First Cebu City Sinulog


First Job: Technical Representative
Sykes, Asia Inc.

2009
Christmas


2010
Became a God Mother to Elianfiji Miguel Rodriguez

2nd Job: Medical Representative
Dyna Drug Corporation

Transferred School:
Southwestern University School of Law

2011
Became Assistant Editor of The Cebu Review Monthly

24th Celebrated at Dessert Factory, Ayala

First Bar Operations

2012
New Year

25th Celebrated at Casa Verde, IT Park


All the more I think about my life's timeline, the more I am able to get a clearer picture of what I am going to be and where my path is heading to. And hey, I am enjoying the ride. No matter how many times I broke my heart in the process, one thing is for sure, I am not giving up on love. Well, there's always chocolate to the rescue! It's something so precious that even if it takes to be in tears when I feel broken, it's still worth it. I am a believer and despite the many things breaking before my very eyes, it's nothing compared to the feeling of fighting for something that you believe in and for something which you knew have made you happy, once. 

It's a matter of seeing things in another perspective; into something lighter and positive. When life is a bit messy, play along... you'll figure out how to deal with it somehow, that I am sure. Life is crazy, and each one of us are fools. It might be on different things... but it's the craziness and the foolishness that we have that makes living more meaningful and fun. Life is just too short to make worries cripple our individuality and personality. It's just too amazing to even be sad about living. If life gives you lemons, squeeze them in a vodka! Drink up people! Cheers!





No comments:

Post a Comment